Sunday, November 28, 2010

For kicks

Over the holiday my brother and his family came into town to celebrate Thanksgiving, etc. with us.  He is the guy who got me into WFB a long time ago.  He stopped playing a year or two ago though because of family/work obligations.  He never got into 40k, so I thought I would show him a good time and play a game with him.  We played a 1K game, vanilla marines vs. space wolves.  He wanted the marines, so I took my wolves.  In the end, I won, but it was due to the fact that I had all of the know-how.  Anyway, to the point.  I really enjoyed the way his army played at 1K so I figured I would try to scale it up for some 2K fun.  Here it is:  Let me know what you think.


Libby- terminator armor, storm shield, null zone, avenger

Dreadnought- 2x TL autocannons
Dreadnought- 2x TL autocannons
5 Terminators- TH/SS, riding in an LRC with melta and extra armor

Tac squad- missile launcher, flamer, combi-melta riding in a TL plasma/las razorback
Tac squad- missile launcher, flamer, combi-melta riding in a TL plasma/las razorback
Tac squad- multi-melta, melta, meltabombs, riding in a rhino

Landspeeder- multi-melta, heavy flamer
Landspeeder- multi-melta, heavy flamer
2x attack bikes- multi-meltas

Pred- autocannon, heavy bolter sponsons
Pred- autocannon, heavy bolter sponsons

2,000pt

What does it have?

A hammer unit (combat)- hammernators with libby in LRC
Anti-tank- 2 missile launchers, 6 multi-meltas, 3 melta shots, 6 autocannons, razorbacks
Anti-infantry- dreads, tacs, speeders, dakka preds

It has a little bit of everything, so I think it will do okay. What are your thoughts?  Does it look competitive? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...