Tuesday, September 27, 2011

GtG Community Spotlight: Colonel Shofer's Mild OCD Model Blog

A short post tonight.  It's getting late.  Responsibilities of the day have made it go by quite quickly.  That said, though it's short, it doesn't mean it isn't sweet. For this week's GtG Community Spotlight, I present to you Colonel Shofer's Mild OCD Model Blog. Colonel Shofer's tag line is: "Too old for promotion ... Too young to stop ... Too obsessed to finish anything* ................... *unless you like it."

Col. Shofer's blog is obviously a bit more hobby related.  I have really been into hobby related blogs lately.  I guess it is because my return to work from paternity leave has left me wishing I could work on my own stuff more, but I digress.

If good looking models are any indicator, a mild case of OCD can't be too bad as Col. Shofer brings us the best.  Check out his post on an amazing Ecclesiarch Super Heavy tank (follow his link to the original creator's blog).  It is pretty sweet.  The Sisters of Battle shouldn't have any problem riding around this is bad boy (...err girl).   I really love the scratch built exorcist launcher on top.  Simply splendid. 

That said, Col. Shofer has some pretty nice projects too.  He has blog posts on many things from 40k to Fantasy to Firestorm Armada (I think that's it).  The Col. has his hand in many different pots.  Check out his WiP Daemon Prince.  The idea of magnetizing and using a ball bearing for multiple head positions is pretty cool.  That scythe blade is positively wicked as well. 

To sum it up, the Colonel his own original recipe (couldn't help myself) to blogging about his own creations and the amazing creations of others. Definitely check out his blog and see what he has cooking.

On another note, don't forget that I am giving away Klod the Nob.  He needs a home and since I don't play Orks, away he goes.  Check out my Contest post for instructions on how you can adopt this cute little fellow.  I am told he plays very well with children. 

____________________________________________________________

Did you find this article useful? Subscribe to Gone to Ground for more great updates.

1 comment:

Colonel Shofer said...

Oh shucks (blushes) :)

Well, thank you very much, my friend.

Always a great pleasure to receive recognition from a fellow paint dribbler :)

I will do all I can to keep the bar where you have placed it !!!

Cheers again, much appreciated.

CS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...