Saturday, September 18, 2010

Another Day Another Dollar

I am a hobby fanatic.  I entered the universe of Warhammer 7 years ago with Warhammer Fantasy Battles.  My first, and still favorite, army was Dark Elves.  Since starting as a junior in college, I have also played Dwarfs, Woof Elves, Beastmen, and High Elves.

It wasn't until the end of 2009 that I finally "slummed it" and began playing 40k.  I don't know what I was waiting for!  I have really enjoyed play 40k and even though I have only been playing for just under a year, I have found it to be a truly tactical (although different from WFB) game and have enjoyed collecting and playing first a Black Templar army, then expanding that army to be played as a counts as Space Wolf army (I am a competitive player and this bandwagon was playing my tune.).  Currently I am also working on putting together a Master of the Forge led Codex Marine list that relies on 6 Dreadnoughts.

Not only do I love playing Warhammer, I really love the hobby aspect.  I currently paint professionally, though not as extensively as some do.  I have a day job.  I love putting together an army and enjoy wheeling and dealing to put together a solid army for cheap. 

Finally, an outflow of my love for the hobby is my desire to see it develop in my local community.  I love to throw tournaments and play in them.  It is my ambition to start a tournament series in 2011 for my local (Dallas, Texas, USA) gaming community. 

This blog will be where my ideas land after they have rolled around in my head long enough.  I hope you enjoy reading this and responding as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...