Monday, October 11, 2010

Another game, another loss, more lessons

 I played a Nid player tonight.  He took a swarmlord with tyrant guard, two tyrannofexes, a tervigon with termagaunts, genestealers, podding zoanthropes, hive guard and a trygon.  Yet another loss....

I am starting to get a hang of this army though.  The rifleman dreads are way better than the lascannon/missile dreads even with lower strength shots.  The bike squad was utilized better tonight, but still got eaten.  I like it though. It is a real threat to opponents and they sink a lot of attention into it.  The ironclads are still having trouble.  I am seriously thinking about taking 6 rifleman dreads.  That would be sick.  I just don't think I am using the ironclads correctly.  That and my dice suck when I need a key melta shot.  Another thing confirmed tonight is that storm bolters on ironclads suck.  I am going to switch around some things and try to get heavy flamers on the DCCW arm.  A S5, AP4 template that ignores cover = way better than two S4 AP5 shots. 

As far as tactics go, this army relies on drawing in the opponent.  Thus, tonight I put everything in reserve except for my shooty bits (read riflemen and missile launcher combat squads). This does provide the benefit of sucking in most combat based armies, but I still struggle against meched up shooty armies.  I will have to have a think on how to best deal with them. 

I still have a ways to go, but I think the army could hold its own at some point.  It will never be competitive, but could earn a ton of soft scores in the right tournament environment. 

Well, that's it for today.  I am hoping to throw this list down against Blood Angels tomorrow.  I will have to see how that goes.  The S7 shots could actually take a toll on light mech for once.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...