Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Awesome

As a commission painter, I get a privilege that many gamers don't, namely getting to look at, handle, and paint tons of different types of models.  So, I was super excited when a friend of mine, the owner of my FLGS, farmed me out to do a commission job.  On a Grey Knights piece.  On this piece.






Suffice it to say that I am stoked about this job.  The dreadknight is one of the cooler looking models and up close it looks amazing.  I am impressed continually by the detail of GW's models.  Though we all complain about their prices and the injustices of their corporate machine, the products they produce are really second to none.  Simply amazing. 

On top of that, this baby came to me completely assembled and heavily magnetized, as you can see from the pics.  My customer did a great job magnetizing the parts for easy weapon swaps and storage.  Even the servo framework on the arms is magnetized.  This is sweet.  Watch out for more pics on this guy as he comes along.

This has gotten me thinking.  It is hard for me to pin down one absolute favorite model, but it would probably be either the current Emperor's Champion or the terminator Chaplain.  What is your favorite model out right now? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...