Monday, June 27, 2011

On the Work Table: Grey Knight Daemonhammer, Jump Chaplain

Wow!  What a crazy couple of weeks.  Sorry for the delays in posting. I knew that taking care of a newborn took time, but I guess I didn't realize how much time it really took.  I love every minute of it, but it does put posting on the back burner.  So, to start off this week's posting, I am going to show you some stuff I have on the worktable.

Occasionally, I get to work on a cool model and this commission job was no different.  My friend, whose Grey Knight army I have been painting, let me have a special edition Space Marine sargeant with thunder hammer to paint.  This is a cool model.  It reminds me of the thunder hammer bits and modeling for Blood Angel Death Company.  Of course, I painted it in Grey Knights colors as my buddy needs more daemonhammers for his units.  So here he is.

I'm calling this guy Red as I painted his hair red for a change of pace.  I think it really plays well off all of the metal on the army.  The tones in the metal I used are kind of blue anyway, so the red compliments it well.

 Another View
Yet another view. At the time of writing this, I have completed the base to be similar to the others I have painted. 
Sorry for the grainy picture, but I tried to get a close up of the hammer.  I used Ron from FTW's power weapon tutorial from his Librarian conversion and it turned out really well. 
Finally, I am really excited about this guy.  I have loved the model for awhile and due to some reading I had done on various blogs, I am beginning to see the merit in taking a jump chaplain to accompany assault squads and other units in Blood Angel Jumper army.  So, this guy has been given a modeled base and I am going to prime and paint him up soon. 

That's it for me.  I hope to have another You Got Owned article up this week.  I am also doing an interview about the series on the 11th Company podcast, so stay tuned for that in the coming weeks.  Semi-celebrity rocks! 

__________________________________________________________________

Subscribe to Gone to Ground for more hobby related articles like this one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...