Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pimp my army list



If you are keeping up with my current fixation on the Sanguinary Guard list, you know that it is not a competitive list.  I know it isn't a competitive list, but as I have stated in previous posts, I am not about creating a beat face list.  I want to have an army that has some theme, is somewhat fun to play with, and finally that can be played to a fairly competitive level.  So, I ask you, how would one go about making this list more competitive?  I have some ideas, but I want to see what other gamers would say.  I have listed my current list below. 

Mephiston
Commander Dante

3x Sanguinary Priest- jumpacks, bolt pistol/ccw
5 Sanguinary Guard- 3x angelus bolter/glaive, 1x infernus pistol/glaive, 1x angelus bolter/powerfist
5 Sanguinary Guard- 3x angelus bolter/glaive, 1x infernus pistol/glaive, 1x angelus bolter/powerfist
5 Sanguinary Guard- 4x angelus bolter/glaive, 1x infernus pistol/glaive
5 Sanguinary Guard- 4x angelus bolter/glaive, 1x infernus pistol/glaive

5 Vanguard Vets- 1x pistol/ccw, 1x infernus pistol/ccw, 1x pistol/lightning claw, 1x storm shield/pistol, 1x pistol/fist
5 Vanguard Vets- 1x pistol/ccw, 1x pistol/ccw/melta bomb, 1x pistol/lightning claw, 1x storm shield/pistol, 1x pistol/fist

My requirements are as follows:

1) The list has to have core Sanguinary Guard.
2) In accordance with #1, Dante has to be in it.
3) I would rather not have vehicles in the list.  Pure jumpers if it can be helped. 

So take it away.  Give me your thoughts and your list ideas.  Tell your friends to give their ideas.  Comment on this post and tell me what you think.  Thanks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...