Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dante, Lord of the Angelic Host

Well, I have been anxious to see what I could do using my new alternate paint scheme for my Sanguinary Guard. The next model I decided to do was my Dante model.  I have to say, I am liking the black armor, though I am not sure about the face mask.  I'm thinking I may need to just paint it gold which wouldn't be too hard at this point.  Let me know what you think.

One thing I am totally pleased with is how the wings are coming out.  They are really striking and they look great on the tabletop.  I commented in my last painting post about how I did them, but I thought I would repeat those steps.  First, I color the feathers using the GW foundation Fenris Grey.  I covered them all the way.  Next, I used the GW foundation color Astronomican Grey leaving a bit of the Fenris Grey showing.  Finally, I added consecutive layers of pure white, adding additional layers as I got closer to the tips of the feathers.  This has yielded a blue to white highlighting scheme that looks amazing, much to my surprise. 
 Side view.  Another great rock base!
Those beautiful wings and a back view of the work I did on his axe blade. 

So, there it is.  What do you think about the white face?  Should I go with all gold for the mask?  I am on the fence.

Other articles you might find interesting:
On the Work Table: Blood Angel Sanguinary Guard Army
Sanguinary Guard- A Different Look



___________________________________________________

Like my Sanguinary Guard army? Subscribe to Gone to Ground for updates as I finish this army.

1 comment:

Student Teacher said...

I think you need to do something with the mask. He looks a bit like a mime, and nobody likes mimes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...