Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Celebrating the Completion of a Job with another Job

But this one is my own model! I posted two days ago about how it is essential to balance hobby work with hobby hobby

I have officially finished the largest commission job I have ever done.  A friend of mine had me paint a Fantasy Chaos army for his son that is around 4,000-5,000pt.  It contained something like 180 models.  Suffice it to say that I haven't painted a model of my own for something around 5-6 months. 

So, to celebrate my completion, I pulled out a model of my own!  Awhile back I bought the GW jump chaplain model.  I love the look of him.  He is epically posed and looks like he is about to lay down the smack.  I have wanted to have an elite chaplain for my BA jumper army for some time and this guy fit the bill.  So, I took some time to paint him up and he looks pretty sweet.  Here is his internet debut.




I'm pleased with the highlighting and the gold accents came out well too.  So, I just wanted to share him as it was way cool to have another of my own models to paint.  I now have 9 models of my Blood Angel army painted!  Now, back to finishing a Warmaster Dark Elf army and some more Grey Knight stuff (3x psyflemen, draigo, crowe, coteaz, and three razorbacks). 

Other Blood Angels I have painted:
Dante, Lord of the Angelic Host
Sanguinary Guard- A Different Look
Blood Angel Librarian
____________________________________________________________
Like my Blood Angel army? Subscribe to Gone to Ground for updates as I finish this army.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...