Friday, April 22, 2011

Community Help Needed: Idea Generation for Sanguinar Guard

You may have seen a few posts back (here, in fact) that I am finally in the model collection phase of putting together my Sanguinary Guard list. You can see a few of my battle reports here, here, here, and here. As you can see, it has been a bumpy ride, but after thinking it over, I am going to stick it out and put this baby together.  Now, however, I am focusing on majority SG as my troops without assault marines or vanguards.  Instead, I am playing around with various builds including devestators and land speeders. 

To the point, Dave.  Get to the point. 

Right.  I don't want to paint golden Sanguinary Guard.  1) If not done really well, metallic paint gets really gritty and doesn't look good. 2) I am just not a fan of golden models.  I want an alternative paint scheme, but am coming up dry.  Thus, far I have noticed in the codex that a few successors have SG that wear white power armor.  This could be cool looking and a challenge to paint, but I am not sure.  It just hasn't tickled my fancy. 

That's where you come in, readers.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help me find some paint schemes that might look good for a Sanguinary Guard army.  You can post a link, give a color combination that you think will work, or simply tell me to quit whining and paint them gold.  Please help a brother out here as the inspiration bug just hasn't bitten yet.  Luckily, I have enough commission work to do and more models to buy to give me time to think on it.  I appreciate your help.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...