Thursday, December 22, 2011

Crusader Heavy 'Jack Completed

I'm rolling right along with my current work on building a Protectorate of Menoth Warmachine force.  Yeah, it's kind of a spur of the moment thing, but I have had the battlegroup box sitting in my closet since I started my Chaos Warrior commission this past summer. Over that period of time, I have gone back and forth a few times on whether or not to keep the models.  Ultimately, I have decided to keep them and now I have three painted minis for my force, pKreoss and pSeverius, who I painted earlier this week and now my first 'jack, a Crusader heavy 'jack, is done.  Check this behemoth out!

I am really impressed with the red on this guy.  I feel that it worked out well.  I really like the tabard.
Still not a huge fan of the gold I am using, but I watered it down more extremely than I did with Kreoss and it seemed to work better.
Rear view.  I really like the red wrist plating.  It sets off the hands well and brings a bit more red to the model.
And a group shot with pKreoss, who serve as my warcaster as I learn the game and get a hang of the rules.

In other news, we did a quick little Christmas get together with my wife's folks since we are going out of town for Christmas.  In my stocking was a hefty chunk of change to my FLGS.  I hope to return home from said store with, at the very least, a Vassal and a Choir.  I also am really wanting to get a sizeable unit of Temple Flameguard together as I think they will synergize really well with my army. 

Until next time, take care and Merry Christmas!

Other useful articles:
Painting Halfway Decent Power Weapons
Free....er thing
____________________________________________________________
Did you find this article useful? Subscribe to Gone to Ground for more great updates.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...